I've made a bit of progress on WO Design recently ... part of which is the video which will lead my Product Funder campaign to raise funds to launch the first product. Read more below for specifics on current progress. And, you can comment below to let me know what you think of this whole idea, if you like :)
- solidified our partnership with Bring Love In to fund home-cooked lunches for previously orphaned school kids in Addis Abbaba, Ethiopia
- wodesign.com site is live! I wanted this initial info page to be brief and simple. It was important to me to have a live site that potential funders could click to as part of the Product Funder campaign, giving the company some "weight" in their eyes.
- video for Product Funder campaign completed (see sample above) ... personally, I'm really happy with it, but I'd love to know what you think!
- Facebook page for WO Design secured and set up
- Manufacturing pricing and intital cost predictions completed
- Packaging design currently in process
Things I'm considering:
- paying a monthly fee for an "800 number" which can be forwarded to my cell phone in such a way that I know the incoming call is for WO Design and I can answer the phone accordingly with an appropriate greeting ... instead of "yo, dude" for one of my buddies
- "schwag" for WO Design launch ... I can make all of this dependant on Product Funder levels, but I am thinking that it would be cool to have stickers, shirts, etc.
Balance with the other Business and Family life:
- most of the time, I spend thought energy on this after 10pm at night. So, it hasn't really interfered with family life or Dee-O-Gee business too much. However, my wife is a saint and sometimes take the 10:30/11:00 baby feeding for me (which is typically my shift) if I am on my computer.
I hope to have this Product Funder campaign up and launched in the coming weeks (about the same time we will be launching our new Dee-O-Gee in Downtown Bozeman) ... thereby giving time for customers to complete purchase commitments prior to Christmas season.
Thoughts? Let's hear 'em!